Friday, October 18, 2013

Weird Walmart News: Fired Walmart Employee Offered His Job Back

image


This was such an odd story when I first ran across it a few days ago.  A young man was on his lunch break from the Walmart he worked at when he saw a man attacking a woman in the parking lot.  The young man did the right thing, got involved and subdues the man until the police arrived.


Great story, right!  Nope.  When Walmart found out about what happened, he was fired for violating Walmart policies.  I’m not sure which policy prevents basic human concern for another human being under attack but I guess it’s in there somewhere.


The good news is that the young man was offered his job back. (Due, no doubt, to the media scrutiny)  I guess all’s well that end’s well but I’d sure like to know what was going through their heads when they decided to fire him in the first place.



Weird Walmart News: Fired Walmart Employee Offered His Job Back

No comments:

Post a Comment